Thank you Bob Dylan!

I know that it may sound crazy, but I couldn't really think of any good resolutions for 2011!  I wanted to come up with something that I could actually do (so that when 2012 comes around, I won't feel bad that I couldn't get through January)!  So, I was sitting here at my computer listening to the "Parenthood" soundtrack (one of my favorite shows) and on comes "Forever Young" by Bob Dylan.  I listened to it and I think it may be the perfect anthem for our house here in 2011.  I have always loved Bob Dylan and have several of his tracks on my iPod, but even I was surprised to find one of his lyrics perfect for the new year.

I wanted something meaningful and motivating (and what could work better than a little jive with Mr. Dylan and a harmonica, huh?).  Here are the lyrics to help you out:

"May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous
May you grow up to be true
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you
May you always be courageous
Stand upright and be strong
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young."

I think that we often forget to look at our kids and just feel blessed that they are happy and healthy ...even though they may have just put paint in their hair and noodles up their nose.  And be able to look at your spouse and know that he/she chose YOU to spend the rest of their lives with out of everyone ...even though they don't cook well (ie: me), or can't seem to get their boxers in the darn hamper (ie: him).

I feel very blessed in this new year and hope that this little ditty finds you and finds you well!  I am off to eat some Red Velvet Cheesecake and drink a Pepsi (2 separate things I resolve to quit...tomorrow)!

Best wishes,
Lindsay "Ladybird" & Jeremiah "Fellow"!