Before & After-Entryway Dresser


I got an email about the dresser we have in the entry way so I thought I would share a before and after pic.  We don't have an entryway closet, so we have been struggling with what to do with that little bay window.  Finally, we took the plunge for a dresser that could hold a lot of stuff (but also had good bones).  I always find furniture for "The Modern Shed" but it always harder for me to make any kind of commitment on a piece for our home.  Luckily, I didn't have to look too far.  This old dresser was sitting right in our garage for years holding tools, knick-knacks, and what-nots.  As you can see, I am so weird that I even used masking tape to label what was in each drawer...DORK!  Above is the before pic...and here is the after pic...


I was so pleased to get this guy done during our "siesta" from TMS over the holidays.  It has some great bones and it was the perfect width and height.  I painted it a soft gray (one of our TMS colors) and couldn't be more pleased.  I even kept the original hardware which is a major bonus considering how expensive great hardware can be.  Here are some additional pics...





As you may be able to tell from the original pics, this piece was probably right out of the 1970's...but that's okay with me!  We also use it for shoes (as you can tell), hats, gloves, and even art supplies.  We love it and doing something personal for your own home is a real treat!

Best wishes,
Lindsay "Ladybird" & Jeremiah "Fellow"!