family terrariums-take #1


So, remember the post of yore about how terrariums were my new thing?  Well, here is attempt #1 to some good ol' terrarium fun.  Now, if you thought that this little project would be relaxing, almost zen-like...you would be incorrect.  At least not at my house.  So, with that being said, I think they turned out pretty good for a first attempt with my 4 and 2-year-old.






Now, lets keep in mind that I am dealing with 2 toddlers here...but the best part was when Paetyn ran downstairs with a dinosaur to add in.  Now, until our collection grows a little more, we've been keeping these on our coffee table.  Maybe not the smartest thing, but it's all worth it when Maddux walks by them, pauses, and lets out a mighty "ROAR" to his dino pal.  

I picked up all the jars at our local Goodwill and they ranged in price from .99-$3.99.  Not too shabby.  They are different shapes too to add a little more interest. 

I think they are a good start and just add a little "ummph" to any space.  It may become my new little hobby, because the cashier and Heather assured me that I wouldn't kill them (anyone could probably tell you that I don't have a green thumb...not even close). 

Best wishes,
Lindsay "Ladybird" & Jeremiah "Fellow"!