Saturday night baking...


As some of you know, I don't cook.  However, I really do like to bake.  So we thought that this year we would make more than just cupcakes for Valentines Day.  We expanded bake night to also include Peanut Butter balls (with graham crackers) and chocolate-covered pretzels.  Actually, now that I think about it, neither of those things required any baking...but whatever, right?  Doing these things with 2 toddlers was a bit harder but I did do some major prep work so that the kiddos would be able to have some major fun. 

So, the first thing I did was whip up some "cherry crunch" cupcakes from Betty Crocker and dyed the vanilla frosting with some red food coloring.  Then I set those aside.

Next, J and I melted some semi-sweet morsels (added some food coloring in this as well) and started to dip pretzels.  


Then it was time to start the Peanut Butter balls.  These didn't turn out quite as well as we hoped, mostly because I think we had too many things going on all at once.  They never seemed to be quite the right consistancy, but once we refridgerated them for a little bit, they were perfect!


We let the kiddos help decorate all the cupcakes (for neighbors and pre-school) and then they each decorated one for themselves.  First one is Paetyn's and the next is Maddux's.  I think they did pretty good (after a few trials where Maddux thought the candy hearts should be INSIDE the cupcake and not just placed on the frosting). 





We hope you have a great Valentine's Day and enjoy it with your sweetie (or sweeties if you have some littles around).  


Best wishes,
Lindsay "Ladybird" & Jeremiah "Fellow"!
ladybird & fellow. * BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.