spring awakenings...

Well, folks, it feels like spring has officially sprung here in Portland.  With beautiful days on Friday and Saturday, we were able to get a lot of house projects done.  We finished the little rock garden (next to the porch) with a liner and we will fill it with some little shrubs.  Also, we planted a bunch of flowers and greenery in our garden bed (that J and I built with our own hands last summer).  We also picked out a new trim color to freshen up the exterior (we haven't painted yet) and did some power-washing.  Phew!

I had been eyeing this mirror on a bunch of the blogs I like to follow, but with a $249 price-tag I just had to forget about it.  On Friday, I stopped by a Pier 1 Imports and there it was.  I covered my eyes and pretended not to see it, but low-and-behold I caught a glimpse of a red tag that said $49.95.  Could it be?  Was I dreaming?  It had a few of the small mirrors missing, but at that price I snagged it right up.  Here is what our new little entry looks like (sorry about the crummy picture):




I also got a chance to browse the new spring line at Pottery Barn and this new blue floral pillows were just the ticket for our living room sofa:



I also got some hemming done (on some beautiful paisley curtains that I found at Salvation Army for a whopping $12.99)...you can get a tiny glimpse of them pooling on the floor behind the dining room table in the above pic), cleaning, and cooking for friends on Saturday night.  Whatta fun and busy weekend...and its not even done yet!  Hope you all had a fun and productive weekend too!

Best wishes,
Lindsay "Ladybird" & Jeremiah "Fellow"!