decorating 101...



So, I will be the first to admit when I don't know something and I admit, I don't know squat about decorating.  No...seriously.

So because of that, the above cabinet has always been an "issue" for me because it always felt too daunting to ever really do anything with.  I got this great dining room set with cane-back chairs years ago and all that has ever really lived in this cabinet has been dishes.  Now, I am not talking "china"...I am talking about Target-bought boring dishes.  And on top of that, we never use them.  Now that I think about it, I think I bought the boring dishes just to fill the cabinet and for no other reason!

I was lying in bed last week and was thinking "how come our books and chotsky's are in boxes out in the garage, while dishes we never use are sitting in the cabinet?"  I think I actually asked this question out loud and my husband responded under his breath: "because you are crazy."

So I took the plunge!  I brought in our books and pulled a few of our treasured items...


 and this is what I came up with:


 


Did I do okay?  It is a little "busy" for me, but behind the glass it's not so bad.  Just to put everything "out on the table" here are a few trusty resources that I used:






Here are a few more of ours:





It probably doesn't seem like much, but this is definitely a victory for me!  After about 40 minutes of playing around with the items and rearranging (not to mention YEARS of torture about the fear of actually doing it) I just had to share it with you fine people.  I am sure a few of you may have the same fears...well don't!  If I can do it, anyone can! 

Best wishes,
Lindsay "Ladybird" & Jeremiah "Fellow"!