Main

Well - loved

About us

Events and press

Contact us

Our style

Kiddo

Our home and projects

Latest posts

10.27.2012

wind and rain....


It is officially fall here in Portland with the absence of sun, and consistent rain and wind outside the windows instead.  Autumn in Portland is beautiful, but I feel it usually stays a bit drier in past years and we've been able to enjoy the changing leaves, red cheeks, and crisp air a bit longer than this year.  Although I am happy to cuddle up inside with popcorn, hot chocolate, and "Nightmare Before Christmas" with the kiddos :)

Things are going really well around here...Paetyn is in full-swing at Kindergarten and really enjoys it.  She is learning so much and everyday she astounds us with new fun facts.  Our first parent/teacher conference in next Thursday, and we are anxious for the report.  Maddux is great and is loving speech therapy.  His teacher, Elsa, adores him and they have a lot of fun every week.  We have seen some small improvements, but we look forward to the next 2 years with Elsa so he can enter Kindergarten with confidence! :)

Halloween is fast approaching and I hate to say that the decorations aren't even up...bad mama!  We are painting pumpkins tonight but I have been a major slacker in the holiday department this year.  It just kinda snuck up on me.  Yikes.  I do however have their costumes...P is being a bumblebee and M is a dinosaur/dragon/alligator.  Whatevs.

In other exciting news, we are having our entire house interior painted on Monday!  I am so excited/ready/anxious for the change.  We have lived with these colors basically since we moved in 6 years ago and its time for a major update.  We are pumped (I can't really say Jeremiah even knows the colors I picked but he is just going with it like a good boy).  :)

The kiddos are also switching rooms...again!  But this time it's a surprise.  Bought and painted a new bed for Paetyn as a surprise and her room is going a light pink.  Maddux is going back to the room he was a baby in and I painted P's spindle bed black for him.  I ordered a few things from "Land of Nod" and Etsy for both of them and I look forward to pulling them out of hiding!  The kiddos have plans the entire day until 7pm so I am super pumped that they can return home to new and exciting spaces.  Should be an exciting week ;)

Hope all is well with you and yours!!!  Have a great weekend and a wicked Halloween!


);