Hello 2015!...

Hello all!  I hope that you had a wonderful holiday season :)  I can truthfully say, I struggled a bit with mine.  Don't get me wrong...the kids and our families are all happy and healthy and had a wonderful holiday.

My last day of my previous job was on the 24th which was a bittersweet goodbye and then it was time to celebrate the holiday!  If only I wasn't sick, didn't have to visit Urgent Care 3 times in 4 days with awful symptoms and then was told I had a terrible Staph infection.  No fun at all.

It started a few weeks ago when I was feeling super run-down and tired.  Like 'sleeping 14 hours in single day' tired.  I then got a weird cut that became inflamed and swelled.  Awesome.  Luckily it was on the very top of my forehead and I could cover with a hat for holiday pictures and going out.  Then I started on some pretty heavy-duty antibiotics and then my whole face swelled.  Another great moment.  It took 3 days of trading off the antibiotics and Benadryl to get back to normal, hence the sudden need for my bangs.  I needed them ASAP to cover my forehead scar so some triage bang-cutting was necessary.  I was going to do them eventually, just wasn't planning on it right away!  Oh, well, So, I am on my last 3 days of meds and hope to be feeling 100% very soon.  The meds also made me gain 6 pounds in 2 weeks (+ holiday food eating) so that's great too.  :)

Also, it was my birthday so not much celebrating was had.  I did however manage a Netflix binge with all the 'New Girl' and 'How I Met Your Mother' episodes, so at least I was productive :)

In other news, I started a new job and I am super excited!  More details to come but I am really enjoying it so far and it will be a great challenge for me.

Hope all is well with you all!