a few random thoughts...



Okay people, this is fair warning.  This post is going to be a little "weird" and may not make much sense but in the moment I feel strongly that these topics need to be discussed :)

1.  Did I mention that I get to go to Alaska next month?  No way, right?  Way.  I get to go for 5 days and although I am going for work, my wonderful hostess guarantees that I will have a splendid time.  I have never been, so I am pumped to say the least.  I feel confident traveling alone and this will be a 3rd solo trip for me for work, so I feel pretty seasoned about keeping my whits about me when away from home.

2.  I am taking major advantage of my time up there as a little bit of "rejuvenation."  I am been feeling a lot of "feelings" lately (does that make sense?) and a little time away will be good.  No bad feelings of any kind, just "feelings."  Let me explain...

3.  Everyone around me is having babies!  Jeremiah's 3 best friends have all had babies in the last 3 months and meanwhile, I am here...not having babies.  We are totally content with our two (ever-exhausting and have more energy than any children should so much that they drive me crazy but happy crazy) lovelies, but we constantly go back-and-forth and that all came to head over the weekend.  Let me explain...

4.  Our S.U.V. died this past week.  Whatever, it was a car and no biggie except for 1.  It was the first big purchase that Jeremiah and I made together 8 years ago and 2. Both our babies came home in that car.  Friday night it was working and by Saturday it needed a $5,500 motor.  That wasn't going to happen on a car with almost 120,000 miles on it.  So we went car shopping.  The plan was to get our next car "when we have another kid."  Let me explain...our little SUV was great for a family of 4, with no room for that "5th" if he/she came.  When the car broke down it felt like we had to make a decision right then and there about that famous "3rd row of seats" that all of our friends having more babies had in their cars.  Ugh.  So, we looked at each other and decided for the 3rd-row-less 2014 Jeep Patriot.  So...there it is.

5.  So then I start to think about how I feel post-baby.  Then I came to the conclusion that I need to look better.  Okay, that sounds harsh, but to be honest I have only felt beautiful like 4 times in my life:  Our wedding day, the day that we had our renewals, and the days I had my babies.  

I always have bad skin, bags under my eyes, etc. in any photo taken and that is going to change, my friends.  I started doing some research over the weekend and I am going changing my habits.  

I have always used chemicals and harsh products to treat my skin and it is just not working.  I found this blogger who seems to have some of the same issues I have so I decided to give it a go!  I bought the coconut oil, rose petal witch hazel, grape seed oil, and tea tree oil from GNC and even though I am only on day 3, my skin feels healthier and brighter.  Nuts!  Lets hope it works ;)

Also, I am going to start eating breakfast.  I know, I know..."breakfast is the most important meal of the day..."  You all sound like my husband!  So he jumped at the chance to make this smoothie for me before I went out the door for work the last few days.  And. It. Is. Delicious.  No joke!!! You gotta try it.  I am thinking of trying this one or this one as well.  Yum.

I have also decided to find myself a wine I really like and to always have a good book nearby.  I am reading "24-Carat Kids" right now (which I love!) so any next-book suggestions would be appreciated.

Lastly, to relieve myself from a little bit of stress, I will be closing my Etsy shop at the end of the month.  I love hunting and gathering at thrift stores, but now I will just do it for my home!  

Thanks for sticking with me through my ranting...it is much appreciated :)  Have a great week lovelies!!!